You know it’s 2006 when…
You know its 2006 when…
- You can communicate with your friends “quickly and easily” using at least 15 different instant messaging systems.
- You use your PDA’s push email system to tell you when to go check email on your PC.
- You understand the myth of media centres is a Tivo.
- You marvel at the bits in films that don’t have something computer generated in them.
- You discover there are no limits to what you can sell on eBay, and what people will buy.
- You’re counted as a MySpace user, though you can’t remember actually signing up — apparently things are “going great for you and you’ve got tons of friends!!!”
- Your screensaver interrupts you watching movies.
- By the time you finish upgrading all the PCs in the house, the oldest ones are out-of-date again.
- You tag.
- You share photos with complete strangers, and then love it when they leave comments.
- Geeks are cool again… as long as they stick 2.0 at the end of what they’re working on.